Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Makes 10 large cookies
1/4 cup (50 grams) shortening
1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup (110 grams) packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons (75 grams) white sugar
1/2 cup (130 grams) peanut butter
1 large egg, room temperature
3/4 cup (95 grams) all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (4o grams) quick-cooking oats
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together shortening, unsalted butter, brown sugar, white sugar, and peanut butter until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the bowl, crack in the egg, and beat on medium speed until combined.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt into a bowl. Add to the bowl of the stand mixer, and mix on low until almost combined, being careful not to overmix. Mix in the oats until just combined.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes before proceeding.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Scoop the cookie dough using a large cookie scoop onto a baking sheet lined with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. (Allow only 6 cookies on a sheet at a time, because they do spread.)
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, until the cookies are slightly puffy and golden brown. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 15 minutes, then move to a cooling rack until ready to eat.
Adapted from Allrecipes