Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies
Makes one 8×8′ pan (about 9 good sized bars)
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
1/3 heaping cup peanut butter
1 large egg
3/4 cup (165 grams) light brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup (120 grams) all-purpose flour
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips (or chunks)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8×8′ pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large microwaveable bowl in the microwave until melted, about 60 seconds.
- Add in the peanut butter, brown sugar, and vanilla extract, and whisk until combined, then whisk in the egg.*
- Add in the flour and the salt and whisk until just combined; do not overmix.
- Fold in 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Turn batter out into the prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula.
- Top with the remaining two tablespoons of chocolate chips.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 23-26 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with only a few crumbs, no batter.
- Let cool for at least 30 minutes before serving (I normally refrigerate mine overnight and then slice them into bars).
Adapted from Averie Cooks