Makes 12 large cookies
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup (100 grams) packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup (50 grams) granulated sugar
3/4 cup (185 grams) peanut butter
1 large egg + 1 large egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 and 1/4 cups (150 grams) all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1-1/2 teaspoons (4 grams) cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (40 grams) quick-cooking oats
3/4 cup (150 grams) M&Ms
1/2 cup (90 grams) chocolate chips (milk chocolate, semisweet)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the butter and both the sugars into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Cream the butter and sugars on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Add in the peanut butter, egg+egg yolk, and vanilla. Beat until combined, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt, mix on the low speed until just combined (do not overmix). Mix in the oats, M&Ms, and chocolate chips, until just combined.
- Scoop the cookie dough into mounds using a large cookie scoop (I use thisone). Place the cookies onto two baking sheets lined with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Press down on the mounds of cookie dough slightly, using the palms of your hands.
- Bake the cookies for 13-15 minutes, do not overbake. If the cookies don’t spread very much, feel free to press down on the tops of them with a spatula. Let cool for 10 minutes, then move to a cooling rack.
Adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction