Dark Chocolate Lace Florentines
Makes about 18 sandwich cookies
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
8 ounces dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet.
- In a medium-sized sauce pan, melt together the butter, brown sugar, salt, and corn syrup. Remove from heat. Pour into a bowl, and add flour, rolled oats, and vanilla extract. Stir until combined.
- Using a spoon, portion teaspoon size scoops of dough onto each cookie sheet, leaving plenty of room for the cookies to spread. (I used an 18″ by 13″ cookie sheet, and did about 6 cookies per sheet)
- Bake for 7-8 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown. Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then move to a cooling rack.
- Repeat above steps until the batter is finished. Once are your cookies are baked and cooled, add a small amount of dark chocolate on the back of half of the cookies, and then lay another cookie on top to make a sandwich. Let them set and cool, and then I like to chill them in the fridge before I serve them, which I highly recommend.
Adapted from Hummingbird High