Makes 12 muffins
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1-1/4 cups sour cream
1 heaping cup of frozen and thawed or fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or grease with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl until combined. Whisk the egg in a separate medium bowl until well-combined and light-colored, about 20 seconds. Add the sugar and whisk vigorously until thick and smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Add the melted butter in 2-3 additions, whisking to combine after each addition. Add the sour cream in 2 additions, whisking only until incorporated.
- Add the berries to the dry ingredients and gently toss to combine. Add the sour cream mixture to the blueberries and fold together with a rubber spatula just until the batter comes together and the berries are evenly distributed, about 30 seconds. There may be small bits of flour in the batter, and it is a very thick batter.Do not overmix.
- Using a large cookie scoop or a large spoon, scoop the batter evenly into the 12 muffin cups (the muffin batter will reach a little over the top of the muffin cup, and that’s okay). Bake the muffins until they are light golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the muffin, about 25-30 minutes (I baked mine for 27).
- Immediately remove the muffins to a cooling rack and let sit for at least 5 minutes. Serve immediately after or at room temperature.
Recipe from Brown Eyed Baker