Sopapilla Cheesecake Squares
Makes a 9×13′ pan
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1-3/4 cups white sugar, divided
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent rolls
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, room temperature (you can just microwave it until softened, 10-15 seconds)
1/4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13′ baking dish with cooking spray.
- Beat the cream cheese with 1 cup of sugar and the vanilla extract in a bowl until smooth Set aside.
- Unroll 1 can of crescent dough, and place into the bottom of the 9×13′ pan (I just press the seams together). Evenly spread the cream cheese mixture over the crescent dough. Unroll another can of crescent dough, press the seams together, then cover the cream cheese mixture with the remaining crescent dough.
- Stir together the remaining 3/4 cup sugar, butter, and cinnamon. Dollop the mixture all over the top of the crescent dough.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the crescent dough has puffed and it is golden brown, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and drizzle with honey (just drizzle straight from the bottle and eyeball the 1/4 cup). Cool completely before cutting into 12 squares.