Makes an 8×8′ pan
1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup butter, melted (approximately 5-1/3 tablespoons)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup white chocolate chips, divided
3/4 cup crushed Oreo cookies, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 9×9′ baking pan (an 8×8′ baking pan also works fine).
- Add flour into a bowl. Add baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well. Set aside.
- Stir the brown sugar into the melted butter and mix well. Cool slightly.
- Mix the beaten egg and vanilla extract into the brown sugar mixture. Add the flour mixture, a little at a time, mixing until just combined (do not over mix). Gently mix in 1/2 cup white chocolate chips and 1/2 cup crushed Oreos.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20-25 minutes.
- Take the blondies out and allow them to cool for 15 minutes.
- Melt 1/4 cup white chocolate chips in the microwave (learn all about the different methods to melting chocolate and tips here). Spoon the white chocolate over the blondies, and spread with an offset spatula to create an even coating (it’s okay if it’s not pretty or perfect, we’re covering it with Oreos). Top with the remaining 1/4 cup of crushed Oreos. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes to set the white chocolate, and allow to cool completely before cutting into small squares and serving.
Adapted from Allrecipes